When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
Focus only on your complexion, the whites of your eyes, and your energy level. Does what you see on the outside reflect how you feel on the inside? More often than not, it does.
If you’re full of toxic waste, you not only feel icky and bogged down on the inside, but it shows in our external appearance in the form of dull skin, dark circles under our eyes, and yellowing eyes. Toxins also eat away at our health shield, leaving us prone to infection, virus, flu and so on.
So what do you do?
A complete body detox is a step-by-step process that focuses on each organ involved in ridding the body of toxins. The program focuses on removing harmful organisms, chemicals, and toxic metals while cleansing your colon, liver, and kidneys. It is recommended that you do these cleanses 2x annually, for up to 10 days at a time.
While there are a plethora of detox options on the market, ranging from week-long juice cleanses to diet restricted pill heavy regimens, we think this 2 day weekend cleanse is the absolute best way to go.
TWO DAY DETOX
Drink 240 ml warm water before breakfast.
- Breakfast: warm water and 1 cup oat flakes with linseed 1 spoon, 250 ml green tea OR water, ½ cup fresh blueberries, 200 ml low fat yogurt OR almond milk.
- Lunch: 250 ml water, 2 cups salad (arugula, tomato, green veggies), grilled hake 250 g, Swiss chard with potatoes and olive oil, small banana and melon 1 slice.
- Snack: 250 ml water, plain yogurt 180 ml, ¼ cup pumpkin seed.
- Dinner: 250 ml water OR anise tea, 2 cups salad + lemon juice + olive oil, pastry of integral flour, grilled tuna 150 g, ½ cup steamed veggies (spinach and broccoli).
- Start off with water again of course.
- Breakfast: 1 cup oat flakes and linseed 1 spoon, almond milk 200 ml OR diet yogurt and a pear. Also have green tea.
- Lunch: 250 ml water, veggie soup (pepper, potato, beans, carrot, onion, celery), chicken breast 200 g (grilled), pickles 150 g.
- Dinner: integral pastry, nettle tea, carrot + beet salad and lemon juice over it.
You’ll notice big changes in the way you feel and look in just 48 hours! Be careful not to rush back into eating big portions too quickly as your stomach will be used to the restricted diet.
Want to give it a shot? Share with friends and family and take on the challenge together!